Every environment has living organisms. One popular one during the summer is the beach. It is always a given that you will be sharing your spot on the beach with more than just the next person or family. Here are some of the known pathogens that could hitch a ride with you on your next trip to the beach:
• Fungi or dermatophytes. These are Trichophyton rubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Candida, and Aspergillus.
• Hookworms. These parasites usually infect dogs and cats, but they can be transmitted to humans through contaminated soil or sand.
• Roundworms. Toxocara canis, which is a roundworm that usually infects puppies.
• MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). The superbug that is resistant to a lot of antibiotics.
• Gastrointestinal bugs. These are Enterococcus, E. coli, Campylobacter, and Salmonella.
Be careful of the sand in your chosen beach resort. Make sure you protect yourselves and your loved ones from these harmful organisms, so that you only bring fond memories and beautiful photographs home with you.